Yeoman generator that provides already configured and optimized Sails REST API with bundle of predefined features.
|Version||Build Status||Coverage Status|
- Disabled hooks by default: csrf, grunt, i18n, pubsub, session, views;
- Flexible questions that allow to you quickly configure database connections, services that you want to use, etc...
- Automatically parses the whole project AST for used dependencies and install them;
- Overrides default
blueprintswhich simplify CRUD operation in REST API and add new features like
AuthControllerallows to you make signin\signup via email\password;
PingControllerallows to you quickly check if server is alive and can respond;
- Already declared
Usermodel with most used fields;
- Integrated Passport with Facebook, Twitter, VKontakte, GitHub, Instagram, Google Plus and other social networks, JWT and Local authorization strategies;
- Implemented policy
isAuthenticatedwhich inject user in
reqvia JSON Web Token checking;
- Custom responses which respond with
message(Status Message) and
data(Response Data) fields;
- Bundle of ready-2-use services like
SmsServiceand so on... You can check table with detailed list of implemented services below;
- All configuration files cleaned up and optimized for REST API;
- Implemented useful express middleware like
Connection: keep-aliveand GZip compression. In a nutshell, all what optimize HTTP performance;
- Winston logger with logging to console and DailyRotateFile is enabled by default;
- Simple declaring of cron tasks via
- Bunch of Sails adapters is already declared in
connectionsconfiguration file so you can easily swap between them;
Start using generator is very simple.
First of all, you need install yeoman and generator-sails-rest-api:
npm install -g yo generator-sails-rest-api
Then create project directory and initiate the generator under the project directory:
mkdir my-project cd my-project yo sails-rest-api
You will be prompted for questions. Answer to those questions that generator is asks and you will get configured Sails project.
After scaffolding the project you can use this project as before. Just run the
app.js file or use npm scripts.
Congratulations, you just have setup your first Sails REST API
Bundled Sails services
|Service Name||Implemented providers|
|LocationService||Google, Yandex, FreeGeoIP and a lot of others|
|MailerService||direct, sendmail, SMTP, SES and a lot more|
|PusherService||Apple Push Notifications, Google Cloud Messaging|
|StorageService||Amazon S3, Local|
The MIT License (MIT)
Copyright (c) 2015 Eugene Obrezkov aka ghaiklor
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:
The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.